Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day One: Stepping Stones My Dear, Stepping Stones

Well here we are on day one... Let me give you a bit of background info on why I am doing this somewhat pointless blog. I have just recently become single after an on and off year long relationship. The relationship was a good one. I had a really awesome guy. BUT.. unfortunately due to differences in life goals and we were geographically "retarded" our relationship like so many others crashed and burned. But out of that heap of burning shit we salvaged a life-long friendship. And you know, sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together...

Tonight, while watching Julie and Julia I decided that I was going to be single and focus on my life and bettering myself as a person. Then one thing lead to another and I was making an account on Blogspot. I have given myself a 1 year timeline to be single, I know, I know some of you are thinking, "Oh my God?! Why would anyone want to be single for that long?!". And to answer that question, I believe that people have become to codependent on being in a relationship. Constantly needing to be loved and wanted by a person. I want to bust through that barrier and venture out into the single life. I know that it will be a hard feat but a very refreshing one. So this is it, day one of "The Single Life". And I will leave you with the words of my grandmother, "Men are just stepping stones my dear, stepping stones." How very true indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Love this...and the quote from your grandmother really made me smile. A lot of people, myself included, would probably be better off if they tried something like this. I never really thought about it until I read this, but I have pretty much been in some relationship ever since I was a teenager...just hopped right from one to another with no real break in between...and I realize I have no idea who I am without being with someone. Thanks for posting, Dan...I really look forward to reading more. Much love! :)

    ReplyDelete