Friday, January 14, 2011

Day Two: Good But Not Great..

So, here we are on day number two. Today has been a very reflective day for me, I've been thinking about all past relationships that I have been in and what some of the troubles I've had in them were. Relationships these days have become so much more than just an equal partnership. I see most people in relationships who if you asked them to describe their partnership you would assume that it was a business partnership..(if you didn't know any better). It really is sad that you see so many people who are in a relationship that are just looking for the financial security they need or in a lot of cases the sexual fulfillments they need. My parents for example, after 25 long years of marriage got a divorce. You would think that after being married so long that you would pretty much just deal with the problems in the relationship and continue on with it because that is the "smart" or "right" thing to do. Well, it's not. If you think that then you are sadly mistaken. A relationship or a marriage should be nothing more than a partnership of love and trust. More and more people are getting divorces these days, in my opinion I think it is simply because they get married or enter a long term relationship before they fully discover who they really are. Then they adapt to what their partner/spouse is and then 10, 15, 20, 50 years down the line they decide, "Well shit, I think I want to go out and find myself!". That usually leads to the divorce or separation. If more people would take the time to find themselves and discover who they really are, I think we would have a much lower divorce rate. That's my banter on relationships for the day.

Now onto the "single life". Today has been a good day, I feel good but not great. I try to think on the positive side of everything in my life, including my relationships that have failed. And I have decided that everything happens for a reason. You may not realize it right away or even for a long while but eventually you will see that God holds everything in His hands. Someone better will come into your life and you will then realize what true happiness is and you will think back on all those "relationshits" and say, "What the hell was I doing?!". Take the time in your life to truly understand who you are before you decide you want to get in a relationship. It will benefit you so much in the long run. Because ultimately no one is going to make you happy if you aren't truly happy. I will leave you today with a line from a magazine article I read today, "NEWS FLASH party of one, NEWS FLASH! You don't need a partner! You just need.... YOU!" :)

Until tomorrow, Dan

3 comments:

  1. I'm gonna LOVE this. Sometimes I wonder if I really knew myself before I got married. Too late now. Maybe I'll figure it out one day. Good luck, dear.

    <3 Manda B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am really truly trying to help others through helping myself. I am glad that you LOVE it! :) That's what it's here for.

    ReplyDelete